Eliante and the Life Euro large carnivores are promoting a first workshop dedicated to the discussion on the state of diffusion of the Golden Jackal, with particular reference to the areas of recent Italian colonization. Crispus NGO Sibiu Romania was invited to this online informal meeting.
The aim of the discussion is to better understand the following aspects:
• State of knowledge on the species. Trend of the population and range in Europe and Italy
• Key-elements of possible conflict with man: fear, lack of knowledge, damage, conflict with hunting.
• What monitoring? Planned or opportunistic? How to deal with other carnivore monitoring programs running in the area.
• Strategies for the species protection. Improve knowledge to protect. Collaboration between institutions and volunteers. What is done in other countries.
• Cultural, perception and human dimension aspects.